Barlow Country Club is set in over 50 acres of beautiful, mature Derbyshire countryside at the edge of the Peak District, and is renowned as the ultimate pleasure fishing destination of the north, offering something for everyone.
Fishing in Barlow is an idyllic experience and the perfect place to take time to relax and immerse yourself in nature.
Visit our well-stocked ponds and enjoy a day out coarse or fly fishing in Barlow, Derbyshire and take your chance to catch one of our many specimens of fish, whether it’s coarse, carp or fly.
At Barlow Fisheries our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and we are continually striving to provide you with the best possible fishing experience available, and are currently upgrading the facilities to cater for all ages, families, and disabilities.
Why not visit us for a fantastic fishing experience and don’t forget to drop into our newly-refurbished Lakeside Café for a bite to eat.
Click here for directions.
Barlow Fishery Rules
- Barbless hooks only
- No night fishing (dawn until dusk)
- No keepnets (only in matches and provided by fishery. Different keepnets for Silver fish and carp with a limit of 50lb per keepnet)
- All nets to be dipped and rinsed prior to fishing
- No beach caster method or floating pole
- Method feeders must be inline only, no elasticated versions
- Anglers can fish a maximum of 2 rods
- All fish must be returned to the lake they were caught from
- Fish must be kept out of the water for the minimum time possible
- Each person MUST have a landing net at all times
- Unhooking Matts MUST be used on lake 1 and 2
- Bookings only
- Maximum of 2 rods
- Barbless hooks minimum size 8, maximum size 4
- No leaders of any form only rig tubing allowed
- Rods must always be attended
- No tents only bivvies’
- No bent hooks or fixed lead rigs
- No artificial baits, Nuts or beans of any kind and No bait boats
- Maggots, worms and casters only to be used from 1st November to 1st March
- No braided mainlines
- Braid is allowed on spod and marker rods only
- Minimum 12lb 0.33mm mainline
- Maximum 3oz lead to be used
- No lead core, fixed leads or snag leaders
- Zigs are allowed, minimum breaking strain line 10lb
- Mats, nets, water buckets and flotation slings provided by Barlow fishery
- *Upon catching a fish the landing net must be broken down and the fish transferred into a flotation sling before it is lifted from the water onto the unhooking mat*
- *Fish must be returned to the water via the same floatation sling ensuring the sling is securely zipped and the fish’s fins are flat to their body during any movement of the fish*
- A Carp care kit must be used on all hook holds, if you don’t have carp care kit you will not fish
- All fish must be photographed and held up over an unhooking mat without exception
- All fish must be weighed and all captures must be logged on the ticket and posted in catch box
- Any fish in distress or if you are snagged do not pull for a break contact the fishery bailiff team
- No fish to be taken under 10 inches
- All nets must be dipped prior to fishing
- All catch return tickets MUST be filled in and posted in the catch return box (even for nil catches)
- Barbless or de-barded hooks only
- No bait fishing or spinning lures
- Wet, dry fly and nymph maybe used
- Maximum 2 flies per cast
- No cast rods or fixed spool reels
- All brown trout must be returned
- All course fish must be returned
- People visiting Barlow Country Club do so at there own risk, we will not be held responsible for any loss whilst visiting the premise
- It is the person’s responsibility to ensure they are protected and aware of the dangers of fishing before entering the site
- All anglers must be in possession of a valid EA Rod Licence
- Courtesy to all other anglers no loud radios, open fires, disposable BBQs, swimming, drugs or heavy drinking
- Maximum speed limit 5 MPH at all times
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times and any fouling MUST be cleared up immediately
- No rod or peg sharing
- Any child under the age of 12, must be accompanied by an adult at all times
- No wading
- No tin cans on the bank
- Please dispose of all litter in the bins provided
- All fish must be returned to the lake they were caught from
- Please park in the spaces provided NOT bank side
- *Bailiffs are allowed perform checks at any time*
- *Anyone not obeying the rules will be asked to leave immediately*
2 rod ~ £8.00
1 rod ~ £6.00
Concession ~ £5.00 (under 15/disabled)
Day ticket 9am – 9pm ~ £10.00
Night ticket 9pm – 9am ~ £10.00
24hrs ~ £20.00
36 hrs ~ £30.00
48 hrs ~ £40.00
Full Lake ~ £190.00 min 48hrs maximum 5 people
2 fish Game ticket ~ £27.00 (7am – 9pm)
1 fish evening game ticket ~ £20.00 (after 4pm)
Note - for the well-being of the fish we no longer offer catch and release only. The number of fish stipulated on the ticket must be taken and then catch and release can be performed.
Our Lakeside Café has been fully refurbished and is now open for business.
You can rest assured that our modern facilities have achieved a 5 star hygiene rating and with seating both in and outdoors, you can enjoy a hot or cold meal in all weathers.
You are welcome to drop in and try one of our hearty breakfasts or you can have a well-earned rest, take in the views, and enjoy a cup of tea, soft drink or a snack.
Winter opening hours: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday to Sunday
Concessions for anglers - FREE mug of tea or filter coffee with a breakfast or lunch (on presentation of a valid Barlow Fishery ticket).
Lakeside Tackle Shop
Our Lakeside Tackle Shop will carry a range of quality carp and trout fishing tackle, equipment and accessories for anglers to purchase at their convenience, and will stock everything you need to enjoy your day’s fishing.
Rod hire will soon be available at our Barlow Fisheries in Derbyshire. If you are new to angling, our friendly and knowledgeable staff will be on hand to advise you on the best rod for a successful day’s fishing.
Course and Trout fishing tuition
Become a proficient angler with fishing lessons from our experienced, qualified instructors. Running throughout the year, tuition includes tips on tackle, casting, how carp and trout behave, how to use a carp care kit, safety and much more. Perfect for beginners, as a refresher course to polish your skills, or for anyone who would like to benefit from personalised coaching.